The IT Project Management Office provides the following services supporting institutional strategic initiatives and information technology projects.
- Process & Procedure Development & Improvement
- Project Intake
- Resource Management -> Capacity Planning
- Project Management Services
- Business Case Development / Charter
- Assistance in Project Planning (scope, schedule, budget)
- Project Management Training & Consultation
Projects included in the managed portfolios meet the following criteria.
Strategic Projects align with one or more of these criteria
- Support one or more strategic goals
- Are approved by the Executive Team through the Project Intake process
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Directly support one or more strategic goals
- Require more than 160 hours effort
- Require more than one department
- Funded from College Strategic Funding
- Exceed $25,000 in total cost
Organizational Projects align with one or more of these criteria
- Requires 80 or more hours of work effort
- Is of high visibility and/or a strategic initiative for the college
- Delivers a new service or product for the college
IT promotes and supports the Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology to accomplish the goals and objectives of the institution.