The InfoSec function within GPC IT provides policies, technologies, and services to ensure that:
- GPC’s information assets are adequately protected
- Personal identities are safeguarded
- Compliance requirements are met
GPC InfoSec personnel
- Assess risks to GPC’s information, IT infrastructure, and business processes
- Define appropriate measures to address the risks
- Maintain plans and procedures to respond to information security incidents
- Ensure the GPC community understands their responsibilities and best practices
Every user is responsible for practicing safe computing, which include items such as:
- Ensuring we are using strong passwords to protect our user accounts and never sharing passwords with others.
- Deleting unsolicited email and never opening attachments or clicking links contained in unsolicited emails.
- Securing documents containing sensitive information and not leaving them unattended.
- Frequently backing up your important data and files.